Blue for Spring! It’s Chic!!
Hello Blog lovers!! I don’t know about you but I’m ready for Spring this year!! It’s been a long time waiting! I’m not a fan of winter weather even though I’m a winter baby (Born in February) but I love Spring time when the flowers start to bloom and the air feels warm and fresh (with the exception of the pollen that falls and aggravates the heck out of me). Everyone that knows me personally knows I have two major weaknesses when it comes to fashion <
Balenciaga-Two Toned Acetate Sunglasses
These are HAWTE!!
Chloe’ Belladone Square Frame Acetate Sunglasses
RetroSun Vintage Christian Dior Sunglasses
Lanvin Pilot Sunglasses
Michale Kors Aviator Acetate Sunglasses
>Now….I know I’m always talking about flat irons and I’m sure you’re probably wondering why am I going to talk about it some more but…This week I’m not going to focus on a specific brand but I will be discussing the baby flat iron that has been making it’s way on to the hair scene lately. Here lately if you are in the beauty supply store you may have noticed that they are now selling baby flat irons with the regular sized flat irons. Now I love the baby flat irons because they are compact and easy to carry in your purse or tote bag. If you ever need to retouch your edges or do a few quick “flips or curls” in your hair after walking a block or so to work or lunch the baby flat iron is convenient. So along with your cell, lip gloss, mirror, keys and wallet or whatever else you may have in your purse you should add the baby flat iron. It’s cute and lightweight!
P.S. I’m going to lay off the flat irons for a while after this unless I’m giving a review
Okay…so it’s the first day of the week so you already know what that means…Hair Product of the week is here and the Hair tool of the week is sure to follow. This week I want to focus on the Gloss Veil Shine Spray by Mizani. Now as you already know I LOVE Design Essentials Hair products but I’ve had the chance of using this particular finishing product in beauty school and I liked it! It smells great and it’s light unlike most gloss finishes which are usually heavy and will leave the hair weighed down.
The Gloss Veil Spray will build in shine without greasiness or weight. It offers a silicone and preservative-free shine technology with a weightless, non-greasy formula, developed especially for curly and multi-textured hair, permits a soft finish with a high-gloss sheen. As it moisturizes, silkens and softens, it controls frizz and helps protect curly hair against environmental aggressors. Used with heat-styling tools, it delivers optimum shine every time.http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=misssele-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=B002ER1BZK&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr
Hello Blog Lovers!!! After much trouble uploading my video it’s finally live and up on my Youtube Channel. There are two parts to this tutorial..It’s going in fast motion, so if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. I used the Gro Protect Solutions that I blogged about on Friday…So far so good. Leave Comments, Rate and Subscribe to the channel for more fun things to come!!!
I used a number 2 as my base color then there are some number 4 colors, and I believe a number 33 mixed in some where. Giggles.
There is non of my hair left out. It actually looks like my hair and “my hair line”
Until Next Time Chica’s Peace and Blessings!!! ~♥ Miss Nic ♥~
Hello Blog lovers!!! I will doing a invisible part quick weave tutorial for you guys this weekend. I hope that I will be able to record it today and edit it tomorrow so I can make a posting for it tomorrow. I will be revealing all of my secrets. I know I said that I would be doing a quick weave tutorial once I got my video camera and I know some of you have been waiting for that to take place..but I wanted to purchase the Glue Free product for my hair first before I did another one, because the stocking cap was causing an “itching” irritation. It felt like I had a pair of cheap pantie hose on my head (I know you guys remember back in the day when we used to take a pair of out mama’s old pantie hose and cut the legs off and tie it in a knot and wear it on our head at night<< I do…so terrible LOL). Anyways I purchased the Gro Protect Solutions which is supposed to do away with stocking caps, plastic caps, paper strips, and anything else we were originally using before this product came along (those methods leave the hair and scalp a free breeding ground for bacteria, depending on how long you keep it on) and if you have seen any youtube videos you have heard or may have heard of the product called the Glue Free Quick Weave, but the actually name is Gro Protect Solutions
This product is used to protect the hair from glue during the quick weave process. It is applied to the hair after it has been shampooed and conditioned and molded down to the head with either gel or mousse which ever you prefer (the mold has to be completely dry). After the hair has been molded down you apply it to the area that you will attaching the hair wefts too. Then once you do that you allow the product to dry and it forms this barrier between you hair and the hair weft, initially protecting your hair from the glue. The product contains Tea Tree Oil, Aloe, and Chamomile, which is supposed to promote healthy hair growth underneath the quick weave while it’s on your hair. I all for hair growth! The quick weave is my “protective style” It keeps me from heat styling my hair to death!
The product is water soluble, you’re supposed to just rinse the hair with warm water for two to three minutes and the hair and glue is supposed to slide directly on the hair and leave the hair as it was before you applied the product. Once you remove the hair you’re supposed to proceed with shampooing and conditioning.
The good thing about my purchase I paid only $17.00 on Amazon.com and with shipping it came out to be $24.00. On the actual website one bottle alone goes for $24.00 plus shipping and handling. At the Bronner Bro’s Hair show they were selling them for $30.00 a bottle other websites are selling them for about that much as well.
I’m excited about using the product and I can’t wait to get home so I can get to work!!! I will not be able to do the Duby Invisible Part quick weave but I will be doing a straight style and styling it from there. I will be posting a video to my Youtube Channel
and pics for you guys to see as well.
Hello Blog Lovers! I just wanted to share some information that my sister had searched for me. It was initially researched so I could discuss it on my youtube channel which I will but I wanted to share it with you guys first. You know how I always say and how we’ve always heard you are what you eat. Well in actuality it’s true. The key to great healthy hair according to web MD are these 10 foods. I remember growing up because my mother is a health food junkie we ate all of these foods that I’m going to discuss and I was thinking maybe because we at so much of these foods they actually contributed to our hair growth. No I’ve show you guys the pics of my hair length before I started cutting away at it. Now I will admit that I’m still eating these foods but not as often as I should because they require me to be able to cook them and right now because of my schedule Fast Food is always efficient and now I do try to order the “healthiest” thing on the menu.
According to Web MD
they of course stated what I’ve share with you guys before that your hair only grows 1/4″ to 1/2″ a month which is the normal cycle of hair growth. It is important however to have a helathy diet to ensure healthy hair growth. They also said that you should beware of dietary supplements for hair thickeners becuase they will backfire. If you weren’t born with thick hair you will never have thick hair. <<< That was a shocker. Fad Diets, Low-Calorie Diets, and Crash Diets are not good for overall health and will leave you with unhappy hair. Crash Dieting actually affects the hair cycle. So Check out these foods guys and if you aren’t eating them you should start!
- Salmon: Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids which support scalp health and the key to healthy hair is a healthy scalp. Salmon also contains B-12 and iron. A deficiency in Omega-3 can result in dry scalp which will make the hair look dull. If you a Veagan you can eat two tablespoons of ground flaxseed which is full of omega-3 plant based fats (I don’t like salmon so I stick with the flax seed which is not bad. It tastes like ground up fine peanuts. The only thing I don’t like is it will get stuck in your teeth, but I usually will eat it by the spoonful and/or sprinkle it on a salad>>flax seed is a good way to loose belly fat too<< it keeps you regular.
- Green Vegetables: Green Veggies like Spinach, Brocoli, and Swiss Chard are full of Vitamin A and C which are needed to produce Sebum. Sebum is the oil substance secreted by the hair follicles<
- Beans: Lentils and Kidney beans are good for you they provide protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. Biotin deficiencies can result in brittle hair. It is recommended to have 3 or more cups a week of some beans.
- Nuts: Nuts such as Brazil nuts are a great source of Selemium which is an important mineral for healthy scalp. Walnuts are also good they contain alpha linolenic acid which is an omega-3 fatty acid which will help to condition the hair. Nuts like cashews, pecans, and almonds along with walnuts are a great source of zinc and a zinc deficiency can lead to hair shedding.
- Poultry: Chicken and Turkey are a great source of high quality protein and inadequate amount of protein or low quality proteins will leave your hair weak and brittle. A profround protein deficiency will result in loss of hair color.
- Eggs: I don’t know about you but I LOVE EGGS!!! They are excellent sources of Biotin and Vitamin B-12.
- Whole Grains: I know everyone hates wheat bread but it’s actually good for you and your hair. Whole wheat bread and fortified whole grain breakfast cereals contain zinc, iron, and B vitamins. They are also a great source of energy.
- Oysters: Oysters although they are known as an aphrodesiac they contain zinc and are a powerful antioxident. If you don’t eat Oysters (like myself) you can get the zinc you need from beef and lamb.
- Low-Fat Dairy Products: Skim Milk, Yogurt and even Cottage Cheese are full of Calcium which is an important mineral for hair growth. They also contain whey and casein which are two high quality proteins (little miss muppet sat on her tuppet eating her curds and whey LOL) You can boost the benefit by adding flax seed or walnuts to your yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Carrots: They are a great source of Vitamin A and great for healthy scalp along with Good Vision.
It’s amazing how I grew up on these foods and ample amounts of it and it was actually doing it’s job! I still love all of the foods listed except for salmon and oysters. However I eat just about everything listed here.
Thanks for reading! Tell a Friend and Leave Comments ~♥ Miss Nic ♥~